Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Appeal

I want to clarify a few things about my kickstarter.

First of all, a big Thank You to those of you who have pledged. You really have no idea just how much that means to me. More than the money, this kickstarter is a show of support. Yes, I need the money to get these books printed, but honestly, the point of this project is to build my audience to a point where the business can thrive.

And I'm not just taking your money and running... you actually get stuff in return!  From cool postcards to original art and exclusive books.  And the knowledge that this couldn't have happened without you. :0)

Mostly, though, this is about support. Showing the world that you like my comics, and would like to see more, and that you believe I will continue to do bigger and better projects. My fans have always been a quiet group, and I respect that. But sometimes we really do need to make some noise. I understand that many of you simply cannot pledge right now, and I understand that. But if you can, even if it's at the two dollar level, then please do so, and soon. If we can build up some momentum, then more people will pay attention, and maybe we can get some outsiders to start pledging.

I get nothing if this kickstarter fails, and no one's credit card is charged. However, the repercussions of failing can be devastating.  I'm not threatening to quit, but I will be disappointed: I can't deny that.  And things will change. The simple fact is that this business has to grow if I am going to continue doing this.  I've got to reach more people who like my kind of family friendly comics.

I've met some awesome people at conventions and such, and many of them tell me that they love my work.  This has convinced me to keep going, and to reach further. I believe that national distribution to comic shops is what I need to do, to find and grow my audience. Like any small business, though, I can't do it alone.

'Like' my comments, pass around the link to comic lovers of all ages, and pledge if you can. Let me know that you're out there, and I'll continue to make quality comics that the whole family can enjoy.

Thanks for reading! JOHN :0)
 

Here's a look at the new video, by the way.



And here is the link to the kickstarter itself.  At least take a look, and see what this is all about.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/happyglyphs/the-ghost-pirate-skeletons-of-three-craters-lake


No comments: